Aims & Objectives
- The history of bone substitute materials, Science of bone substitutes, Aspects of soft tissue management General aspects of bone substitute surgery in relation to Implant placement and Sunstar GUIDOR® synthetic materials in particular.
- To share information and experience in clinical cases using bone graft materials and augmentation in general and easy-graft® bone substitutes in particular.
- Hands–on practical session using graft materials and in particular easy-graft, crystal and calc-i-oss.
- How to reduce surgical steps and improve the Patient experience.
- A basic theoretical understanding of the history, science and clinical management of bone graft synthetic substitute materials in general and of Sunstar GUIDOR® grafting materials in particular.
- Exposure to the clinical application and results in clinical cases.
- Practical hands on participation using easy-graft® materials.
- Understanding of when no membrane is required.
- Minimally invasive techniques – when & how they may be applied.
- 16h00 Dr Minas Leventis – Science presentation
- 17h00 Dr Barry Edwards – Science presentation with cases
- 17h30 Coffee, Tea and Biscuits
- 18h00 Dr Minas Leventis – Case presentation
- 18h30 Hands on experience using models
- 19h30 Questions & Answers. Completion of the Questionnaire
- 19h30 Sandwiches
Course Fee – £40.00
Includes upon attendance a free sample of easy-graft® material worth at least £57.00+vat. Fee includes Sandwiches, Tea & Coffee
London – 19th OctoberBook a Seat
Radisson Blu Kenilworth,
97 Gt Russell St London WC1B 3LB
Birmingham – 2nd NovemberBook a Seat
Metropole B40 1PP
Dr. Minas Leventis
Dr Leventis holds a PhD (2010) in Oral Pathobiology and a MSc (2004) in Oral Surgery from the Dental School of National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece.
In 2008 he also attended a post-graduate program in Periodontics and Implantology at the University of Heidelberg, Germany. Dr Leventis is currently on the Faculty of the Dental School, University of Athens as a Visiting Clinical Instructor and Researcher. He teaches under- and postgraduate students Oral Surgery, Implantology and Bone Grafting, while undertaking extensive experimental research and having a track record of peer reviewed publications in International Journals like Implant Dentistry, TripleO, Compendium and Journal of Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery.
Dr. Leventis lectures internationally as an invited keynote speaker. Since 2002 his private work and research are focused on Oral Surgery, Implant Dentistry and Tissue Engineering. In 2012 he earned the Diplomate status of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI), is a founding member of ICOI-Hellas (Greece) and an active member of ADI (UK).
Dr. Barry Edwards
Science Presentation with Cases
Dr Barry Edwards CV
Sydney University, graduated 1963
Dental Implant Research and Evidence Based Practice London 1963-2015
Fellow & Diplomat of the ICOI 1968
Primary FDS RCS course 1969
Vice-president British Endosseous Implant Society 1968-74
- Acknowledged in the literature as the inventor of the machined angled hex-lock dental implant abutment.
- Patented angled, hex-locked dental implant prosthetic abutment 21st October 1986 PCT/GB87/00742
- International Lecturer and Course Organiser for International Congress of Oral Implantologists 1968 to 1995.
- Founder and Founder Chairman ADI (Association Dental Implantology) 1986-1988
- Honorary Chairman ADI 1988
- Honorary Life Member of Association of Dental Implantology 2003-2015
- Clinical practice with special interest in Dental Implants 1986-2015
- MD, Research Officer and Consultant & Lecturer for Intoss Dental Implant Systems Ltd 1987-2015
- Publications in Implant Dentistry, Biomaterials, ADI Journals, International Journal of Oral Implantology, Handbook for Dental Nurses- Heinemann Ltd
- International Lecturer – Countries including U.K., USA, Australia, Spain, Portugal, France, Norway, Denmark, Bulgaria, Malaysia, Brunei & UAE. 1965- 2015
- Research into Dental Implant Coatings at University College, Stanmore 1987
- Research advisor to University of Leeds Dental College and Bath University Engineering Faculty 1989-1997 – Clinical Research of dental implants.
- Founder and Director of The Dental Implant Centre, 61 Harley Street, London 1992-2009
- Lecturer ADI Basic Science Implantology Course 1989-1993
- President British Dental Association Metropolitan Branch 2001
- Treasurer BDA (Met Branch) 1996-2015
- ConsultantAdvisor – The Dental Implant Centre 1999-2015
- Admitting Privileges London Clinic, Wellington Hospital and London Bridge Hospital 1985-2007
- Dental implant clinician and mentor at thirty five practices in the UK 20159
- Patented Stress-absorbing angled dental implant abutment 2009 (JPP43863P)