Dental precision welding. The new PUK D5.
New to the D5 (2019)
The application range of the PUK D5 is further expanded with material thickness down to less than 0.2 mm allowing the welding of wires and thin structures like orthodontic bands, for example, with even greater control.
Improved Smoothing Mode
A significantly faster welding cycle enables an even more continuous work flow. With this setting, there is an opportunity to shape the material added as desired and to significantly improve the welding characteristics for highly thermally conductive dental alloys.
Optimised Welding Parameters
The result of the development work enabled an improvement in the welding parameters with newly defi ned recommended
adjustment ranges for all common dental alloys.
Developed for use in dental labs.
The micro pulse welding machine is compact and versatile in use, and is designed specially for applications and materials which are used in the dental field. Using this TIG welding device it is possible to apply welding in all everyday tasks that arise in a dental lab, which could otherwise only be performed with a laser. It is possible to weld all metals and alloys that are generally suitable for TIG welding or lasering. These include e.g. cobalt chromium alloy, high-gold, palladium-based and other alloy groups, as well as titanium and stainless steel.
PUK’s operating principle is as simple as it is ingenious:
As soon as the tip of the electrode on the welding handpiece touches the workpiece,
the welding process starts automatically. An arc is lit precisely at this contact point
under a protective atmosphere (argon), whereby the electrode is automatically drawn back
into the handpiece approx. 1 mm and lifted from the workpiece surface in this way.
This enables welding points to be set with the desired intensity – consistently and with
Spot welds with a diameter of approx. 0.2 up to 3 mm can be made (depending on the material and setting). Extremely short welding impulse times enable high-quality welded joints on workpieces down to a material thickness well below 0.2 mm (e.g. for orthodontic constructions) as well as in heat-sensitive areas (e.g. near acrylic and ceramic parts).
Due to the broad performance range of the PUK D5, it is also possible to produce stable welding connections on very solid parts such as bridges, bars or cast partial dentures. The use of corresponding welding wires is recommended here.
The right parameters are available for every dental application!
SUPERIOR WELDING CHARACTERISTICS
- Consistently reproducible high-quality welding results with all materials suitable for welding
- Precise positioning of the spot welds • Very low, controllable development of heat
- Welding possible on even the thinnest of materials • Welding in protective atmosphere
WELDING WITH IDENTICAL TYPES OF MATERIALS – SOLDER-FREE CONNECTIONS
QUALITY „MADE IN GERMANY“ BY LAMPERT
- 3 year guaranty! • Tested product safety: CE conformity • DIN CERTCO certified eye protection
- Very low initial costs, maintenance-free technology – excellent price/performance ratio
SIMPLE AND INTUITIVE TO OPERATE
MOBILE DUE TO ITS COMPACT SIZE
NEW: THE PATENT-PENDING SYSTEM FOR WELDING PROCESS MONITORING
- New software for contact monitoring of the handpiece
- Prevention of welding errors through interruption of weld if excessive pressure is applied to the electrode
- Increase in service life of electrode tip
- Prevention of tungsten inclusions on sensitive surfaces or on workpieces and materials that still require further processing
- Learning function: More rapid and simpler learning of correct welding procedure, especially for beginners
NEW: Even higher-performance LED lighting in our new premium welding microscopes. More uniform illumination of the working area – more ﬂexible use of the microscope.
NEW: The new microscopes can also be used as fully equipped workplace microscopes – not just for welding. NEW: Faster progress to better results – ‘blind operation’ with single-handed operation
NEW: Smoothing function for an increased heat input into the workpiece for an improved welding performance (e.g. when welding on highly conductive metals and alloys)
NEW: Preselection of two different welding cycles
NEW: Individual device set-up using the settings menu, e.g. preselection of welding cycle, (de-)activating the different operating levels
The operating concept of the new PUK D5: simple, intuitive, user-friendly.
- Extremely simple touchscreen operation:
Select metal – select welding situation – weld!
- Easily review the optimum setting ranges for the selected welding task
- Pre-settings for conventional materials, e.g. for cobalt-chromium and high-gold alloys, stainless steel, titanium and much more, as well as for typical welding situations
- Setting of parameters for ‘Power’, ‘Time’ and menu navigation with one single rotary controller
- Setting of ‘Power’ and ‘Time’ also by a swiping action on the high-contrast display
Optimised settings menu with scope on demand for enabling or disabling practical additional functions such as the expert menu with 16 different welding curves, the program memory for 20 custom programs, the retention mode or the tack welding function. The selection of basic functions such as lighting, welding sequence or choice of language is a quick and easy process.
The new PUK D5 –delivers diverse possibilities.
THE ENTRY LEVEL
“Normal” TIG welding of all conventional dental alloys, optionally with or without foot switch. Possibility of selecting 5 different welding geometries All parameters at a glance – selectable with one hand
THE “EXPERT MODE”
For those who wish to experiment with a range of welding curves, in order to establish the optimum parameters for themselves.
THE PROGRAM MEMORY
Users who wish to weld frequently recurring applications with the same parameters have the option of storing up to 20 individual programs.
THE RETENTION MODE
Simple time-saving and material-saving welding of retention tacks (Ø 1.2 – 2 mm) in a fraction of a second. For repairs, enhancements or new items.
THE FIXATION WELDING MODE
A very simple and efﬁcient method for fastening workpieces in order to subsequently weld or solder them. E.g. for tack welding wire or construction elements in place or for a ﬁxation weld of a separated bridge on the work model.
Lampert eye protection systems for precision and fine welding.
THE ALL-ROUNDER – OUR SM5 WELDING MICROSCOPE
- High-calibre microscope with 10-fold magniﬁcation, individual adjustment
- Powerful LED lighting that can be controlled with 4 brightness levels, optimum illumination of the working area
- The SM5 can be turned in no time at all into a workplace microscope.
- Hand supports for comfortable and precise operation
- Height and tilt adjustment assure optimum workplace comfort and an ergonomic working position.
CERTIFIED WORK SAFETY
All Lampert eye protection systems are equipped with a failsafe LCD eye protection ﬁlter for welders. This permanent protective ﬁlter against UV and IR radiation eliminates any possibility of eye injuries. With the electronically controlled changeover between light and dark stages (DIN3/DIN11), glare caused by the electric arc is prevented – DIN CERTCO-certiﬁed.
For daily use, we always strongly advise the use of these eye protection systems, because others, e.g. sensor-controlled, automatic eye protection systems react less rapidly than our actively controlled systems.