Depending on the diameters requested, the drills are manufactured with 2, 3 or 4 cutting blades.
Cleaning and sterilizing advices
Caution! The implant drills are not delivered sterilized. Sterilize before use.
The martensitic stainless steel does not completely resist to corrosion; below some advices:
- Do not use cleaning solution or disinfectant containing chloride or acid (caution with the running water too much chlorinated)
- Avoid solution with aldehyde, owing to the ability of this product to keep the proteins.
- Eliminate meticulously all the post-operative residues (blood, bone …) on the drills, or inside for the drills with internal irrigation. Use a nylon brush.
- Avoid, as much as possible, shocks and contacts with other drills or instruments (damaging of the quality surface and / or cutting power)
- Do not clean, in the same ultrasonic box, the implant drills with other tools which material is different.
- Use suitable cleaning solutions. Respect the manufacturer directions for use.
- Rinse, and then dry the drills immediately after the cleaning process (preferably use distilled water to rinse). It is necessary to be meticulous during the drying.
- Stock the drills in clean and dry areas.
- Sterilization by wet heat autoclaving 134°C (273° F) – 18 minutes. Make sure that the elements, inside the autoclave, are not rusted.
- For the drills with removable stops: these steps must be carried out individually on the dismantled component.
The implant drills cannot be used indefinitely.